Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Marriott, Verizon, Papyrus, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- Subsidized coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Unlimited PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks and breakout rooms.
Wpromote is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, Dallas-based content coordinator to become the next member of our growing content team. Our content coordinator will be responsible for assisting our external and internal team of writers with administrative, operations and some writing projects. The content coordinator’s role will include managing communications with external writers, working with invoices and data entry (70%) along with writing website copy for Marriott’s hotel brands that include Courtyard, Residence Inn, Sheraton, Aloft and more (30%).
The content coordinator is a unique, integrated, entry-level position that will work under the general supervision of the senior copy manager (remote) and senior director of content (Dallas office). The ideal candidate is self-motivated and should have strong written and verbal communication skills along with some project management experience.
You Will Be
- Assisting the senior copy manager with day-to-day tasks and projects
- Communicating with a team of external writers via phone and email
- Compiling and submitting external writers’ invoices and entering large amounts of data into spreadsheets to create monthly expense reports
- Performing other types of data entry to maintain, edit and update internal resources
- Developing learning materials and guides to best serve our team of external writers
- Performing research on Wpromote’s clients to understand their brand and style
- Reviewing potential candidates for external writing positions
- Creating informative, clear, engaging and original on-page website content for Marriott, including meta descriptions, title tags and photo captions
- Making edits and revisions to Marriott content based on feedback from Wpromote content leaders and Marriott brand managers
- Adhering to strict brand and writing guidelines for any content-related task
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communication, or related field with 0-1 year of writing/editing experience on a college newspaper/equivalent, internship, or professional environment
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong organizational skills
- An interest in digital marketing, content production and search engine optimization
- Strong written, grammatical and verbal communication skills with knowledge of AP style
- Ability to write creative, concise and smart copy with a basic understanding of SEO best practices as they relate to copywriting
- The ability to follow brand and style guides and adapt your writing style to an established brand voice
- Ability to work on tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Proficiency with Macs using Google Mail, G Suite, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Experience with content management systems preferred